TRY AT HOME RECIPE: GRILLED PURPLE SPROUTING BROCCOLI WITH TAHINI DRESSING
Serves – 4
· 550g purple sprouting broccoli
· 1 tbsp olive oil
· Salt and black pepper
· 40g tahini
· 1 1/2 tsp honey
· 2 tsp lemon juice
· 1 small garlic clove, peeled and crushed
· 1 tsp each white and black sesame seeds, toasted
1. Trim any big leaves off the broccoli and cut off the woody base of the stems. Blanch for three minutes in boiling, salted water until al dente, refresh, drain and leave to dry.
2. Toss the broccoli in the oil, a teaspoon of salt and a large pinch of pepper, then cook on a very hot ridged griddle pan for two minutes on each side, until slightly charred and smoky. Set aside to cool.
3. Whisk the tahini, honey, lemon juice, garlic and a pinch of salt and slowly start to add water half a tablespoon at a time. Add just enough water to make the sauce the consistency of honey – around three tablespoons in total.
4. Arrange the broccoli on a platter, drizzle with sauce and scatter with sesame seeds.