GO ON & LOVE YOURSELF – JEENY’S CHOCOLATE BROWNIES & GANACHE
Jeeny’s Delicious Chocolate Brownies & Ganache
Chocolate Brownies (16-24 Servings)
· 300 g Ground almonds
· 60 g Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
· 7.5 g Baking soda
· 5 g Bread soda
· Pinch sea salt
· 265 g Soft pitted dates
· 235 ml Boiling water
· 3 Eggs (replace with 3 bananas or chia eggs for vegans)
· 28 g Cocowel Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil, melted.
· 10 ml Vanilla extract
· 100 ml maple syrup or honey
1. Combine all your dry ingredients in a large bowl, ground almonds, cocoa powder, baking powder, bread soda & sea salt, set aside.
2. Mix all your wet ingredients together with a hand blender or food processor, dates, boiling water, 3 eggs, coconut oil, maple syrup and vanilla, until well combined.
3. Just mix together your dry and wet ingredients with a spatula, until just combined, do not over mix. Pour in a small baking tray, lined with greaseproof paper.
4. Bake at 160 C, Gas Mark 3, for 45-50 minutes. Let cool completely before serving or decorating with our Coconut & Chocolate Ganache.
Coconut & Chocolate Ganache
· 30 g Cocowel Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
· 30 g Unsweetened Cocoa powder
· 120 ml Coconut milk (the top cream from a can of coconut milk)
· 100 g Maple Syrup
· 15 ml Vanilla extract
1. Melt coconut oil and cocoa powder together gently, then add all your ingredients and mix well with a whisk, until fully combined.
2. Let cool before decorating your Coconut & Chocolate Brownies.
3. We used raspberries and mint leaves to garnish our brownies.
You could just melt dark chocolate with coconut milk & maple syrup. Remember that this dessert is Gluten Free, Dairy Free & Vegetarian Friendly.
You can easily make this brownie Vegan friendly by replacing eggs with chia or flax seed vegan eggs, the texture will be slightly different.