EAT IN SEASON | SEPTEMBER
KALE A NUTRITIONAL POWERHOUSE
Of all the super healthy greens, kale is king. It is definitely one of the healthiest and most nutritious plant foods in existence.
Kale is loaded with all sorts of beneficial compounds, some of which have powerful medicinal properties.
TRY AT HOME RECIPE
Kale tabbouleh with yogurt dressing
Serve 2 people
- 150g Bulgur Wheat
- 2 Eggs
- 60g Baby Kale or Curly Kale, Roughly Chopped
- 20g Hazelnuts, Toasted and Roughly Chopped
- 1 Carrot, Julienned
- 3 Spring Onions, Roughly Chopped
- 50g Pomegranate Seeds
- 1 Tsp Chilli Flakes
- Juice 1 Lemon For the dressing
- 100ml 0% Fat Greek Yoghurt
- Juice and Zest 1 Lemon
- 2 tbsp White Wine Vinegar
- 1 tbsp chopped mint
- Garlic clove, crushed
- Put the bulgur in a medium bowl and pour over 125ml boiling water. Mix well, cover the bowl with cling film and leave for 10-15 mins until al dente.
- Bring a pan of water to the boil and add the eggs. Cook for 6 mins, and then place in cold water until cool. Peel and cut in half.
- Put the dressing ingredients in a food processor or blender with 2 tbsp water and some salt. Blend until smooth.
- Heat a pan and add some Irish rapeseed oil, quickly fry the kale and season.
- Break up the bulgur with a fork and add the remaining ingredients, except the eggs. Toss with the dressing, and then top with the eggs to serve.